By Jean Baez
How many times have you wondered, “what’s the best makeup to cover under eye circles”, “what’s the best makeup to cover up these dark spots or blemishes”, or “what makeup sits better on my skin to cover up fine lines and wrinkles”? The truth is that makeup, no matter the price, can not address those concerns entirely. Makeup is a temporary fix. It can hide those skincare concerns but never really solve the issues that are nagging you every time you’re in front of a mirror. The key to beautiful, healthy, supple skin is a good skincare regimen. Creating a healthy habit to maintain the skin can be a bit of a challenge at first. But once you have found the products that work best for you, it should take no more than three to five minutes, once in the morning and once at night. A solid regimen includes cleansing your skin with a face wash, exfoliating 2 to 3 times a week, and then applying your serums and moisturizers. At first try, it may seem like a lot of work. But you’ll soon see healthy, gorgeous skin start to peek through, you’ll think why didn’t you start this sooner. Here’s what a steady regimin should look and feel like:
- Exfoliate up to 3 times a week to get your face squeaky clean. Maybe on a Sunday then again on Wednesday.
- A facial cleanser suited for your skin type feels ahhhh refreshing.
- After lightly patting your new skin dry, it’s time to apply your Serums. (More on the importance of serums below!) Apply eye serum using your ring finger to lightly pat it on. Your ring finger applies the least amount of pressure, which helps avoid tugging on the delicate eye area. Then apply your eye cream. The same principles go for the rest of your face – first apply your face serum, then apply your face cream.
- Gently bring whatever is left down to the neck to your collar bones to help maintain the health of your skin in this area.
The result of all this is beautiful, glowing, supple skin that is on it’s way to a healthier state. As you continue your new regimen you will be able to use less makeup, save money on replenishing makeup, and have more time to step out and enjoy your day.
As promised ,for those of you who are thinking, “Why do I need a serum?”:
- Serums are highly concentrated with penetrating fluids and work fast to target specific skin concerns.
- Serums provide a potent dose of nutrients and bioactive ingredients to penetrate deep within the layers of your skin; they reach much farther than moisturizers can.
- Serums work to bring oil and hydration into balance.
- Serums add strength to your skin and increase visible firmness and youthful vibrancy.
- Moisturizers tend to lay on top of the skin, never really addressing the concerns underneath, but there are important layers below the surface that are constantly in need of help.
Please, please I beg that you start to build a passion to baby your skin. If you follow these tips I can assure you rich, beautiful, healthy skin in no time.
Olay Regenerist Thermal Mini-Peel, $21.99 / Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Gentle Exfoliating Treatment, $65 / Philosophy The Microdelivery, $8 / Philosophy Purity Made Simple, $10 / Caudalie Gentle Cleanser, $28 / First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser, $20 / Dior ‘Capture Total Eyes Essential’ Eye Zone Boosting Super Serum, $70 / Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum, $21.99 / Fresh Rose Hydrating Gel Cream, $42 / Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer, $69
Photo Via MySkin-Coach