By Jadée Nikita
It’s that time of year again. Winter is fading and spring is blossoming. Sure the days are beautiful, but what is a gyal suppose to wear when the afternoons are sunny but the evenings are windy? Fly Gyal has chosen 8 must-have pieces for every dancinista to add to her closet to help get through the fluctuating temps.
- Silk Scarf: for those windy days when you need to cover your décolleté without raising your internal temperature. Opt for a silk scarf instead of a knit.
- Long-Sleeve knit: For this weird temp-transition period, opt for a lighter color, cotton long sleeve with a scoop neck. If you know the night will be cooler, wear an undershirt. We love Mango’s Cotton Rocker Jumper with studded shoulders.
- Jackets: Our favorites for the in-between seasonal months are Denim and Cargo. Opt for a light-weight cargo jacket with a hood for those unsuspecting April showers. On warmer days, go for a tattered denim jacket with leather sleeves. The two toned jacket is eye-catching, trendy, and goes with just about anything in your wardrobe. If you know it will be a cool night, wear a simple black hoodie underneath!
- Pants: March and April are tricky, so opt for pants that give you versatility. We recommend cargo pants and black leggings with faux leather panels. Cargo pants usually have laces at the cuff that will allow you to pull them up to show off your cute ankles, or leave them unlaced when the night starts to cool down.
- Shoes: It’s still too cold for open-toe sandals, and definitely too warm for your Uggs and leather boots. So go for the in-between, and get your hands on Fly Gyal’s favorite pick for this transitional period, the cutout boot! We adore the stacked version for our rebel gyals, and for our Dandy’s, grab a pair with a heel. Both are excellent trendy choices!
- Sunglasses: Aviators! Aviators! Aviators! A Fly Gyal must protect her precious eyes from squinting during the day, and when the wind picks up, shades will block all that nasty city debris and dust from getting in your eyes. Our faves are Ray Ban’s large gold-framed shades.
Juicy Couture Stripe “Juicy Couture LA” Silk Scarf, $50 / MANGO Cotton rocker jumper, $60 / The Gold Republic Reflect Your Love Military Jacket, $54.99 / Miss Selfridge PU Sleeve Denim Trucker, $85 / DA-NANG Cargo Pocket Pant, $198 / Topshop Faux Leather Panel Leggings, $56 / Nasty Gal Fastrane Platform Boot, $188 / Ray-Ban Aviator 58 Large Sunglasses, $205
Photo Via Fashion My Obsession