By Cody Frank
Spring hasn’t quite sprung yet and I’m sure your cravings haven’t either. Summer season isn’t too far away and what better way to start thinking healthy than choosing a healthier dessert. No one says you can’t have dessert at all! Below are some ideas to choose for a dessert that won’t make you bloat or worry about that beach body. It’s a simple thing, swap one of your low nutrient desserts for something more fulfilling.
1. Yogurt parfait – Greek yogurt with some berries on top.
2. Bananas cut and sandwiched between almond butter or peanut butter.
3. Fruit cup – assorted fruit with honey and mint as the glaze/topping. You can add a few chocolate shavings as well.
4. Baked apples or pears. You can add a bit of cinnamon or honey inside them to create a delicious filling. In addition, boiling or roasting fruit is a great way to add a warm dessert treat during these chilly days.
5. Rice pudding with dried fruit and pistachios.
6. Homemade fruit sorbet or shaved ice.
7. Fruit kabobs – You could dip them in dark chocolate for a fondue.
8. Zucchini walnut bread.
Hopefully you can use these ideas or create your own alternatives. The above desserts have a low calorie, lower sugar, and low fat content compared to those twinkies or cookies you purchase at the store. Think healthy Flygyal, it’s not an impossible feat but a simple choice.