By Cody Frank
Brushing your teeth is a daily habit that hopefully most of you do. There is a technique and tips that create the best cleaning for your teeth. Do you know these? FlyGyal is here to help with quick tips to check yourself.
1. Dentists recommend you brush your teeth 2-times a day for two minutes. (If you’re doing more or less than this it could destroy the enamel on your teeth. Enamel is the protective layer on your tooth.)
2. Brush gently. Use your brush in gentle small circular motions. When bushing at your gum line, angle the brush. Your gums are sensitive and brushing too hard can damage them.
3. Brush your cheeks, roof of the mouth, and tongue. Bacteria do not only reside on your teeth.
4. Do not brush immediately after eating. Give your saliva (it naturally neutralizes the acids) a chance to do it’s thing and wait 30 minutes. You’ll be able to enjoy the taste of your food then too.
5. To stop gum recession, purchase a soft or extra soft toothbrush. You may think a hard or medium brush will do more cleaning, however it can hurt your gums.
6. Throw away your toothbrush every 2-3 months. The bristles wear out and loose their flexibility. If you’re anal you can discard your toothbrush after a cold too and buy a new one.
7. Floss daily or twice a day if food seems to always stick in your teeth. It help reach areas that your toothbrush cannot reach. Again, be gentle, your gums need tender loving care.
8. Do keep your dentist appointments. I understand that the dentist is not a place many favor, I’m included in that bunch. Going to appointments assures that you are staying on top of your health and preventing or treating any mouth diseases that could surface. Better to be preventative than realize; oh, that wouldn’t have been a problem 6 months ago….Go get checked.
Cover photo via Delta Dental Blog.
P.S. FlyGyal has some great clothing apparel!