By Cody Frank
Bananas are a fruit that you should make a part of your diet. Below are a few reasons why it’s beneficial. In addition, several interesting facts are listed. Did you know?
1. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
2. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and nighttime leg cramps by eating a banana.
3. Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
4. Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
5. Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
6. Rub the inside of a banana peel on your leather shoes or handbag and polish with a dry cloth for a quick shine.
7. An individual banana is called a finger. A bunch of bananas is called a hand.
8. Did you know bananas, apples & watermelons float in water? The perfect beach or boat food…if it goes overboard, you’ll still be able to grab it.
9. Bananas are one of the few foods to contain the 6 major vitamin groups.
10. If you peel a banana from the bottom up you won’t get the string things, those stringy things are called phloem (pronounced FLOM).
Cover photo via Commodity blog.
FLY GYAL fashion wear