By Cody Frank
It’s dry outside and quite chilly. There’s merry and holly cheer in the air. The last thing you want is to have a sore throat. Whether you wake up with pain or you find it’s hard to find your voice throughout the day; a remedy is just around the corner. If you can’t spend those extra bucks on that spray or lozenge check out these tips below. Many more are located on the links below as well. Find what suits you best.
- Chicken soup – It’s not only meant for when you are sick. You can indulge in it when your throat hurts as well.
- Gargle with warm salt water – Gargling with salt decreases your swelling
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drink – 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tablespoon of honey, & 1 cup of very warm water. The Vinegar has a high acidic level and can help destroy bacteria in your throat.
- Suck on garlic – Contains allicin; which can fight germs causing pain/irritation and fight off bacteria. My personal note is to imagine it as a lollipop and don’t plan on leaving the house after this.
- Cayenne kick – 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1 cup of bowling water, 1 teaspoon of honey. This spice temporarily alleviates pain